- The personal information we collect
Information collected depends upon product and services requested by you. We will only collect relevant personal information. Types of personal information we may collect includes:
- Name, contact details and address
- Identification information
- Transaction information
- Records of your communications and interactions with us
If you choose not to provide your personal details, this may mean we may not be able to provide you will some products are services e.g. we may not be able to deliver to a pseudonym address.
- Why and how we collect your information
Functional Foods Global only collects personal information necessary for business functions. These include:
- Responding to inquiries, complaints and general feedback
- Internal and marketing purposes
- Conduct promotions
- Obtain records
- Enhance customisation
Information is collected via the following:
- When given to us directly by you or when you use our products and services
- When you knowingly provide us information upon subscribing or registering for services, entering promotions, containing us via our webpage, social media, mobile sites/applications, call centre, text messaging, hardcopy or email
- Via cookies when you visit our webpage
- Information from third parties
When conducting market research, you have the option to opt out at any time by clicking on the ‘Opt Out” link at the bottom of the email or phoning or emailing us directly.
- When we may disclose your information
Functional Foods Global will not disclose any personal information provided by you to any third party intending to use the information for marketing unless we have informed you and you have given consent.
Functional Foods Global will only share your personal information with other third parties in the following circumstances:
- Support of business functions i.e. internal operations of websites and applications, database or website hosting including cloud infrastructure, handling houses, and promotions agencies etc.).
- Partners and joint promotions where we run a joint program with another company. Your personal information will only be shared with a third party if you have consented to opt-in to receive information directly from that third party company.
- Legal requirements and business transfers. We may also disclose your personal information if we are required to do so by law, or if in our good faith judgment, such action is reasonably necessary to comply with legal processes, to respond to any claims, or to protect the safety or rights of Nestlé, its customers, or the public.
NB: this information remains anonymous and does not contain any personal information.
In the event of a merger or acquisition of all or part of Functional Foods by another company, or in the event that Functional Foods Global were to sell or dispose of all or a part of the business, the acquirer would have access to the information maintained by the business.
By marking the box on our website, subscribing to our newsletter, requesting or ordering our products or services, you are consenting to disclose your personal information to a third party recipient in connection with your request or order and you agree we are not responsible for any breach by the overseas recipient of the Australian Privacy Principals.
- How we store your information and how we destroy if no longer needed
We may hold your personal information in hard copy and electronic form; at our premises and at the premises of service providers. We implement a range of measures to protect the security of your personal information.
Personal information is destroyed in a secure environment and is accessed only by authorised personnel for permitted purposes, although, because of the nature of the internet, we cannot guarantee that it is totally protected from hackers or misuse.
Personal information will only be kept for as long as necessary to answer quires, provide information and new services and comply with legal requirements under applicable laws. We may retain personal information for a reasonable period even after you stop using Function Foods services or stop using our websites or applications.
We will destroy or de-identify personal information that is no longer needed for any lawful purpose within a reasonable period of time.
- Your access to information
You can request to access your personal information by contacting our company. If we cannot provide access your personal information, we will provide you with reasons why. If the personal information we obtain about you is inaccurate, you can request that Functional Foods Global corrects the information.
- How to make a formal complaint
If you wish to make a formal complaint, please contact our team via the contact details provided below. We will handle you complaint in a prompt and fair manner. If we have not responded timely or of the concerns are not resolved to your satisfaction, you are entitled to make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner under the Privacy Act.
Requests for copies of your records can be obtained by contacting our privacy officer
Company name: Functional Foods Global
Number: 9988 0333